Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,697
Like?
Re: Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...
In reply to Daedalus2000, Mar 30, 2013

Daedalus2000 wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

I didn't pay what I paid to chat with plebs or view their photography. End of story.

!!!! Is this your own personal view?

dpr is free by the way!

I am assuming Toccata's line was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

And with paying he did not refer to DPR membership, but to "membership" of the Leica-using elite...

The simple truth is that what Nicholas said is partly true:  there are indeed many Leica-users who have evolved towards Leica through a long line of experience with other cameras, and in Leica they finally find a way of expressing that fits them best.

But the opposite is also true: there are also Leica-users who buy Leica because of the snob factor (I've read recently that it is currently a fad amongst rich models, actors and singers to hang a Leica around your neck like you would wear a necklace or jewel).  And they could benefit from interaction with passionate photographers using other brands, because they could, if they would, learn a few things about art and composition.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow