Are there two color versions of the Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 Lens ?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 684Gear list
Like?
Just buy it!
In reply to christosthegreek, Mar 30, 2013

This lens is very nice! Very Very sharp! Super light weight but gives you a feeling of quality, like it should. Very well built, I love this lens on my 3 day old GH3! I have a Nex-7 and my GH3 with this lens blows away the Nex-7 with any lens I had with the Nex-7. My videos are so sharp and richer looking. I thought that I would be making a mistake by going with MFT compared to APS-C.

I also got the Leica/Panasonic 45mm Macro F2.8 I read that there are some complaints on this lens as to being slow to focus. Yes it is slower to focus as compared to the 12-35mm, and some of the other MFT lenses, but not that drastic. Let me say this, It's very sharp also and when I do video on most lenses I manual focus, except on this new 12-35mm, man it's so fast at fousing.

On first shoot with it, I tested it for CA, absolutely null. I have to admit I'm eating a little crow here, Never thought that the MFT's would ever be competition for the Canon or Nikon APS-C cameras. I have been a 3 time APS-C Canon body user with 3 pieces of L Glass. and this 12-35mm matches all my past L glass and I'm hoping the 35-100mm F2.8 will match it also.

I might also add here that this GH3 is such a well built camera, such nice detail and half the size, and weight of any of my past Canon bodies. I'm really glad I made the switch!

For those that think that any of these X lenses from Panasonic are too expensive, Pony Up man, they are worth it at 30 to 40% below Canons and Nikon's Glass!

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow