Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
David28
Senior MemberPosts: 2,779
Like?
Nicholas
In reply to Nich0las, Mar 30, 2013

Cannot disagree with anything you expressed.

Frankly, just two possible ways we can all view how these Forums "ought" (minute I hear that word, it smells of trouble) to be run.

I guess it does say LEICA over the shop front and we have, over time, taken a liberal interpretation of what this means. I feel that many folks in here, especially those who have been around for a while, have gained some attachment to the community that is the Leica forum and would be loathe to see ANY changes (which is unrealistic in a sense in these fast changing times) that may "threaten" the sense of community and the spirit so many speak of.

Then again, I also relate to some of the new voices wishing to participate in a more Leica only engagement. Setting aside any "right and wrong" that too is a valid wish when you think about it - as valid as those whose views are polarised.

Not really sure there is a way to tick all the boxes for everyone. And that is life. I try to remind myself every now and then when I get significant about things that they are only things, and barely figure in the list of really important things in MY life. Funny ..... but getting a cancer scare has a way of focusing the mind real quick.

Personally, the camaraderie I find here will always remain in some shape or another regardless of how we choose to interprete the rules of engagement going forward. I think Mick Jagger did say in his song

"you can't always get what you want
 you can't always get what you want
 but if you try sometime you find
 you always get what you need"

Thank you for taking the time to express your extremely well-reasoned thoughts.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow