Who's going from m4/3 to dSLR or vice versa.

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,149Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's going from m4/3 to dSLR or vice versa.
In reply to Steve, Mar 30, 2013

Last weekend for the first time I actually price shopped much of my 4/3's gear (E-510, E-620, 14-42 and 9-18 lenses; my 70-300 is now defunct or I would have included it as well) along with my E-PM1 and its 14-42 MkII lens thru KEH and found they'd only return about enough to cover the cost of an mFT 9-18mm.  My guess, their value will continue to drop as mFT takes further hold.

What brought about this change in attitude is my E-M5 along with its kit 12-50, a Panasonic 20mm and, until I find another sale on the mFT version, the FT 40-150mm w/adapter.  The E-M5 is simply a superior camera in so many respects compared to my much loved E-620 that I no longer take the latter along.  Never thought I'd see the day, but the E-M5 with its 16MP sensor, 5-axis IBIS, high quality EVF, 3" tilt OLED touch screen, dual control wheels and weathersealed yet small and light alloy body is simply a transformational camera.

My next purchase will certainly be the 75-300 MkII for wildlife, along with the mFT9-18mm should I decide to sell off my other equipment.  I don't see going back to DSLR's, why bother with the bulk and weight when the E-M5 can equal or trump them in so many performance and handling areas?

It's gotten to the point that when I see a big black DSLR with its large lenses it looks like something from a past era, much like LP's looked after CD's came out.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pollNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow