Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael de Ruijter
Contributing MemberPosts: 840
Like?
Great Blue Herons (18 photos)
Mar 30, 2013

On Monday, March 18th, I had some time off work for some appointments. When all was said and done I grabbed my camera bag and took a drive to a local spot good for birds. We go there often on weekends, but during the week it's dead quiet in terms of traffic and people - all the ingredients for a peaceful and successful effort shooting some Great Blue Herons. Now I am by no means a terribly good bird photographer - in fact my images are not even in the category of "worth sharing". However this time I was so lucky that I managed to capture many good shots. In all I took 82 shots of which I processed 52. There were far too many duplicates, so I took the best only to show here, and while I know it's a lot of images (18), I feel they showcase some of the nuances of the great bird. Please keep in mind that these are at least two separate birds, and also that it was a very windy day - about 40 km/h (25mph) gusting frequently at about 55 km/h (42 mph). That made it extra difficult as there was no shelter from the wind, but it made the reward that much greater.

These images were taken with the K-5 and DA★ 60-250mm f4.

EDIT: Check them out "Original" size for the best of each image, and magnify to 100%.

-- hide signature --

-Mike

Pentax K-5 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow