Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
24Peter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,989
Like?
Re: First Week w/ 6D....from 5D Mk II
In reply to PeterY, Mar 30, 2013

PeterY wrote:

Carl Crumley wrote:

EXIF shows these to be single images, not HDR, right? If so, I really like the dynamic range it demonstrates with the amount of detail on the scene out the windows and door balanced with the indoor views. I'm impressed.

I've had my 6D about a week now and haven't really had a chance to give it a workout but I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do. I'm moving up from a 5D (original) so it's a quantum leap forward for me.

Carl (Pittsford, New York)

Right no HDR

I'm glad you're happy with your 6D (it looks like there's a lot to like about it) but I'm not aware of anyone reporting a significant difference in dynamic range between the 6D and 5DII. In fact, the dpreview review of the 6D shows less DR than the 5DII or III - see http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-6d/16

As for your photos, they're very nice, but its pretty clear you were lighting the interiors with added light/ flash. So I'm not sure how they're examples of the camera's dynamic range abilities.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow