Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Everett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,709
Like?
Re: Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...
In reply to John A Clark, Mar 30, 2013

I am one of the plebes who does not shoot with a Leica.  Like many others I came to the forum because of all the things that have been mentioned, the civility, the maturity of the posters, and not least the quality of the images.  At first this forum incited a good bit of Leica lust in me; but then I began to realize that I can get images that are so close it would be hard to distinguish them from Leica with my equipment, which is primarily a Nex 7 and an array of Canon and Zeiss legacy primes.  I say can get the images, not that I do get the images, as I don't consider myself at the same level of photographer as some of the regulars here.

So my Leica lust has mostly gone but I still enjoy the Leica forum.  I do kind of agree with the OP because I believe that it should be a predominantly Leica forum, and I have been hesitant to post images for that reason.  I don't know where to draw the line but I do respect those that shoot with Leicas and their sense of what is appropriate.

I will leave it to the Leica owners to sort this out.  In the meantime I will lay low and avoid overposting my welcome.

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow