Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David V
Contributing MemberPosts: 989Gear list
Like?
Got my X100S Today....
Mar 30, 2013

So my only experience with the X Series cameras came by the way of owning an X-E1 since last November and shooting the X-Pro 1 on a number of occasions.  I have not spent any real quality time with an X100.

So my X100S arrived today, and I can tell you this.  It is a very different animal than it's interchangeable lens brethren.  I am still playing around right now as the battery was only charged an hour or so ago.  I am getting nice sharp shots, but I need to read the manual.  There are quite a few differences between this and the X-E1 which make the shooting experience different.

So far I like the camera and the output is what you would expect from the X Series, but I need to spend some time with it.  Has anyone noticed that the lower left side of their rear LCD is a bit brighter than the rest of the screen due to the back lighting?  Less noticeable when you're shooting with the camera than when you first turn it on.

One thing for sure, is that I like the EVF of the X-E1 better than the X100S, especially for reviewing the images after the shot. It seems sharper than that of the X100S.  Perhaps it's because the one on the X100S is a hybrid.

BTW, Does anyone know if the Fuji 49mm filter ring casts a shadow with the built in flash on the X100(s)?  I'm sure the hood will, but I was wondering if the ring itself does, especially if you add a UV filter.  Just thought I'd ask before I bought one.

I will report back and post some images as I get more acquainted with my new toy!

DV

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow