modification of CarrySpeed strap (likely also works for Black Rapid)

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Enthusiast Photographer
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
Re: modification of CarrySpeed strap (likely also works for Black Rapid)
In reply to Conway Yee, Mar 30, 2013

Conway - it sounds like you're describing a solution similar to mine for the Black Rapid Strap, but honestly what you're describing is less of an issue with Black Rapid because it doesn't have the big plate the CarrySpeed does.

I loved my L-bracket, but the nub of the Black Rapid connector ruined it, and I didn't want to screw/unscrew all the time.  I wound up using a 1" Kirk A/S clamp and screwing the BR nub into that (with a little Loctite for good measure).  I added a inexpensive safety tether in the same hole I think you're using for your setup, just in case I get a case of the fumbles or something gave way on the strap.

Here are some photos of what it looks like:

Sorry for the fuzzy phone pictures.

I've got a full writeup on my blog:

http://enthusiastphotographer.com/2011/12/20/black-rapid-arca-solution/

I've taken this rig all over the world, and I find it extremely convenient and simple, and it allows the strap and my L-bracket/tripod setup to co-exist really well.  I actually think I'd like this setup better if I just used the BR strap (though I could just use a regular A/S plate).

I'd be interested in seeing photos of your setup!

Enthusiast Photographer's gear list:Enthusiast Photographer's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow