Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,501Gear list
Like?
Many things are different
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Mar 30, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

<....>

And ... the RAW fils are different. The DP2M files have red reds, that maybe are somewhat pink. And the SD1M files have orange reds. Its very easy to see.

Now, the exposures are not made at identical lighting. So, to be absolutely sure, tests where both cameras have the same situation is probably a good idea.

Playing around with the color wheel in SPP I found something peculiar. The red parts in the DP2M files were easy to modify and I could get almost any value, from orange to purple. But, the SD1M file red did nearly not change a bit - it was orange all the time.

I find that strange.

I found that strange also.  Is it the camera?  Something about SPP processing of SD-1 files?

As I posted in a separate part of this thread, I was able to reproduce a very orange-red SD-1 hydrant while a DP-3M shot was just red.  But then with adjustment of just the color mode to Standard and a little saturation, I had a very close match where the SD-1 was properly red.

That's why in the end I think we need to see a new set of RAW files with his two cameras, because between the two-stop difference in exposure of the reds, and the totally different color temperature of the ambient light I think we just have too many variables going on.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow