Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,485
Like?
Re: Whether you like it or not....
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 30, 2013

tgutgu wrote:

At their current price, M43 lenses are not selling as many as they should, and thus attachment is not as strong as canikon. What proportion M43 owners own more than 3 prime lenses?

What evidence do you have?

Havent I shown you plenty in this thread?

Also at its current price, there are plenty of people asking the same question as OP but havent taken the first step, they are not buying into m43 system because lens cost too much.

Nonsense. Look at the small but fairly good tele zooms in the range of 40-150mm, you have enough of cheap alternatives.

This is about lenses on m43 that can deliver similar IQ to FF. these cheapos cannot.

The small Olympus 9-18mm (18-36mm equiv.) costs 510€ whereas a EF-S 10-22mm (16-35mm equiv.) is about 700€, a comparable Sigma sells for around 430€, and a Tokina for around 500€.

I dont know where you got your prices from, Amazon USA price for oly 9-18 is 699 , on the aps-c land, canon 10-22 is 679 , tamron 10-24 is 499 , tokina 12-24 is 449 .

So, for these minor differences, you think someone does not buy into m4/3?

Correct. Because not only lenses are more expensive they deliver less IQ at the end of the day because the sensor is smaller. i for one refrained from buying into m43  because of this.

You are making something up here.

That appears to be what you have been doing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow