Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,398Gear list
Like?
Re: EPL 5 or NEX 5Rhttp://www.dpreview.com/files/g/TS535~R0~2482931.jpg
In reply to BlbGB, Mar 30, 2013

BlbGB wrote:

BlbGB wrote:

But....I would direct you to the new Samsung NX300 and/or NEX6. You have moving kids. NEX6 seems to track moving subjects well, my Olympus is soso. Can do it, but not that good. mFt is falling behind here. The new Samsung NX300 has (in theory) similar AF as the NEX6. Samsungs lenses are cheap and they are really well built. Good IQ. So check that out too.

Wouldn't the NEX 5R focus as well as the NEX 6? I lean toward the Sony pano, focus peak, better resolution screen. Oly has Oly color, smaller (but is it too small...I have read the buttons are difficult in cold weather), lens selection. I read on forums that the Oly is fast, but the Sony is faster? A lot faster? How is Sony Color??

No it has no phase detect autofocus. Phase detect is what you (crruently) need for fast moving subjects, NEX6 has it and it seems to do pretty well, NEX5R does not.

Oh..cold weather. we have lots of very cold weather in The Netherlands. I had no trouble with shooting between -10 and -15 C or like last saturday with a strong blizzard, hard wind and -5 C WITHOUT gloves on. Not better than with my GH2 which has a lot bigger knobs than almost any mirrorless cam. Used them both.

Faster In what. When it comes to autofocussing the Oly is faster than any Sony. NEX6 is better in keeping focus with moving subjects. But..you can do that with Oly to. It is not black and white.

Colour= personal. When it comes to RAW you can almost do whatever you like. When it is JPEG I think the best JPEGs are produced by Olympus when we look at what the majority thinks.

What I also like a are the art settings from Oly. really like it! Some examples of dramatic tone and Grainy B&W from last sunday (first three) and a couple of months ago (woman). May be you like them too.

Pano function of Sony: yes, it really works well! If you think you are going to do that a lot, you may like it. What I have done in the first shot here is a Samyang 7,5 mm fisheye and then defished it and cut of the corners. Gives you a broad panaoramic view if you want.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow