Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterY
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?
First Week w/ 6D....from 5D Mk II
Mar 30, 2013

So I've had the 6D for a week now. I have upgraded from the 5D MK II. I gotta say I like the 6D, I REALLY like it.  For those of you on the fence between the 5D M2 and the 6D, I have to say it definitely is an improvement.

You probably won't notice too much difference in good light but the Dynamic Range improvement alone in the 6D over the 5DM2 for me is worth its weight in GOLD. It is a HUGE improvement. This means much less in post for me. The high ISO performance is great.

My only beef is the 1/180 sec flash sync from the 5DM2's 1/200 sec. Hey I even got over having to buy new SD cards as the prices on them are far better then CF cards.

So far to date, going from the 5DM2 to the 6D is the only upgrade where I am happy right off the bat. Going from PS to the digital rebel took some time to get used to as I was expecting  HUGE improvements. Going from 1.6 crop to FF again took a while to get used to. Took a while to love my 5DM2.

I can't wait to test this baby with some fast primes. These samples are with the 17-40L.

PeterY's gear list:PeterY's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow