Why can’t lens choice be straightforward?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tighernan
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Why can’t lens choice be straightforward?
Mar 30, 2013

While waiting on the D7100 I have been looking into purchasing  some new lens. The lenses I have in mind are. Sigma

70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM for Nikon   I am told that this will also double up as a macro 1:1 lens, and will give me plenty of length for those wild life shots.

Sigma

24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF. I like this focal range as it can be a good go to lens for everyday shooting lens.

Sigma

10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom Lens for Nikon  range as I have tried this lens and like it range. I have also looking the Tonkina 11/16 but for me I thought the 10/20 would be more a versatile lens.

Problem is the camera shop where I have ordered my 7100 says these lens will not be a good choice for the camera. They saying things like, this lens will not work on the 7100, because the 7100 is a crop sensor this choice will not work, and I would need to use Nikon lens.

I have done some looking around and it I cannot seem to find a focal length that will suit a DX camera like the 7100.

I’m looking for a macro lens about 100mm to give me some distance, but would also be a portrait lens.

Also a wide-angle lens for obvious reasons.

In addition, a middle of the road lens to use when I am not shooting macro of landscape. Why does it seem matching lens to cameras so hard to do.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow