Some dumb questions I have been wondering about

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
RJNedimyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,696
Like?
Re: Some dumb questions I have been wondering about
In reply to Wellington100, Mar 30, 2013

Wellington100 wrote:

1) Why are camera sensors not square? Surely a square sensor is the most efficient way to get the best out of a lens?

The easiest/simplest system per unit of measure would be square; but it also is the worst looking to most if not almost all huans since we do not see that way.

2) Does using a Polarising filter reduce the Dynamic Range of an image taken in sunlight with a digital camera?

Yes ! and No! Depends on whither you are speaking of only the useful parts of the photo or all of it.

3) Why do most cameras have IQ reducing AA filters when the few cameras that don't have them jump in IQ and moire is nowhere to be seen in 99.99% of the images?

Technology is improving.

4) What is the optimum resolution for small camera sensors? High resolution sensors seem to add significant file size for little discernible improvement in resolution, so what is the cut off for a functional and well rounded small sensor?

Are you speaking of today, 5 years ago, or 5 years hence ???

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

And perhaps your longevity! However, a better system does either not exist or is not yet recognized by most [hint: I think a combination of methods not 1 by itself is the right path].

-- hide signature --

Ray
RJNedimyer

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow