Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,734Gear list
Like?
Camera choice for Europe trip
Mar 30, 2013

In a week or so, we will be on a 15 day cruise ending in Rome.  We'll spend 5 days there, then on to London, for 6 days.  We will walk most everywhere, so lots of equipment schlepping. Then back home to Dallas.  My question is what camera(s) to take?

Initially, I was going to take only my LX-7 with LVF-2 finder.  Small, light, amazing lens, but small sensor.  I have a waist pack that holds the camera, accessories, and other goodies securely. But only a small sensor....

So, then I decided to also take my GH3 with 12-35 and 14-140 lenses.  Fairly compact, but still requires a decent day pack to carry along.  The GH3 and 12-35 are weather sealed, maybe a good thing for London. Quite a bit more weight and stuff to keep track of.

Then, I had an opportunity to purchase a used (in excellent condition) X100 with accessories.  I have played with the X100 before, so I am fairly familiar with it.  It would be an easy camera to carry (it comes with the OEM leather case).  But only a foot zoom....

So I'm coming here to solicit your suggestions:  which one (or two) (or three) cameras should I carry on this adventure?  BTW, I just turned 70, in good shape, but no spring chicken anymore, weight counts.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow