50 f/1.4G

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ArunasM
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: 50 f/1.4G
In reply to photoSJS, Mar 30, 2013

photoSJS wrote:

The 50 f/1.4G is currently on sale for about $380.  Do you think the lens is worth the price, considering I already have a 50 f/1.8 AF-D?  I like the idea of a 2/3 extra stop and would like the 50 f/1.4 if there is a nice boheh feature of the lens.

I also have the 85 f/1.8 which I love.

There are a lot of factors to consider. As you say, you the focal length covered already.

The new 1.4 I has been tested as the sharpest of the Nikon 50 mm AF lenses, and bokeh is also good (although some would argue not the best considering other manufacturers).  Focus speed is a built slower than others, so thou have to consider what you are shooting if the difference is worthwhile to you.  I have had all of them, and while I like the 50 AF-D, it has a greater tendency to lose contrast under side lighting.  When weightsize  is not an issue I usually grab my 50 f1.4 AF-S.

-- hide signature --

- Arunas
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - Henri Cartier Bresson

ArunasM's gear list:ArunasM's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow