Photographers speak in tongues

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Draek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: Photographers speak in tongues
In reply to meland, Mar 29, 2013

meland wrote:

Excluding the one horror deliberately inserted in order to emphasise the point, which may have gone right over your head of course, perhaps you would like to point out the others?

And which one was that? your "speak proper"?  perhaps "the sick bucket"?

But it's not your words alone which are the most problematic---your spell checker seems to be doing a good job in that regard---but your poor vocabulary and painful punctuation. Read the following part again:

And yes, yes I know that's what they're made of. As do most people but they don't refer to sensors as 'silicon' do they? But give them time they might.

Does that strike you as the sort of writing someone expressing such views ought to be making? much better would be something like:

And yes, I know that's what they're made of, as do most people. Yet, they don't refer to sensors as 'silicon', or do they? But give them enough time, and they eventually might.

I feel that could be improved still, but since English is only my second language my grasp of it is yet far from perfect. Which makes the fact you have to read this from me all the worse.

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow