Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,274Gear list
Like?
Re: Erm....not strictly true Ted...
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 29, 2013

tgutgu wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Pebbleheed wrote:

shallow wide angle DOF and tracking AF.

That is all.

How about max shutter speed? wider wide angles? Ergonomics? Better and faster telephoto choices? Battery life on a single battery?

I'm still relatively new to photography.

Then you have a long way to go before you could  possibly justify buying a FF dSLR.

But a low end DSLR could be a good choice.

I bought a Panasonic GX1 a short while back and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the small size of it while enjoying using interchangeable lenses. However there are some points that are annoying me.

The main point with the GX1 is that lenses are expensive.

Oly 40-150mm-    $99.00

Oly 17mm f/2.8   $175.00

Panny 14mm f/2.5  $200.00

Sigma 19mm and 30mm together $200.00

Legacy lenses:  about $10.00 - $75.00

I look at my friends with their Canon EOS 550D cameras as they pick up lenses for a fraction of what I pay for MFT lenses.

But there are a lot of legacy lenses (e.g. rangefinder lenses, Konica lenses, Half frame lenes, etc) they can't mount.

But there are an awful lot of cheaper good quality lenses they can mount and some DSLR's can mount loads of legacy lenses if you wish to.

Do you have any examples, I mean some, which are really worth considering?  I don't want to have minor differenes like 50$ or so.

There are lots of cheaper lenses than both the 7-14mm and 12-35mm in other formats. I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing contest over small differences on whether one lens equals another. Suffice to say its not difficult to find comparable lenses cheaper. If you can't find them you're not looking very hard.

Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Thomas

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow