HS50EXR and F900EXR reviews ...

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,430Gear list
Like?
Re: Part 5 -- Macro
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Mar 29, 2013

Thanks for all this extensive testing, Kim! One thing I wanted to ask about the macro capabilities of this camera (unaided with closeup lens) was how does it compare to previous macro kings like the Nikon Coolpix 4500 and the Olympus C-7070? The former had a coverage area of 17mm along the smaller dimension and the latter's was 21mm........ I'm not taking into account sensor size (both were 1/1.7" format though, 4mp and 7mp) and an important feature was that there was very little distortion with either in macro/super macro mode because they both macro-ed/super macro-ed at the mid zoom position. I have to say that the C-7070 was much easier to focus though!  I wonder how they would compare with HS series cameras (150mm at 3 inches or 200mm at 12 inches) in macro mode.....those cameras did well at 2cm (0.7 inches) at their mid zoom positions (95mm with the Nikon and 68mm with the Oly.)

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow