D600 Auto Focus Points - Who Thought That Would Be A Good Idea?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,579Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 Auto Focus Points - Who Thought That Would Be A Good Idea?
In reply to Paul Schatzkin, Mar 29, 2013

Paul Schatzkin wrote:

Well, obviously, I'm late to the FF/AF debate... so surprised it's an unresolved issue after a seemingly long time.

I do appreciate the time all have taken to beat the dead horse one more time for my benefit.

If that's the way it is with FF, then I'll have to adapt...

What's wrong with using a camera that actually fits your apparent needs, ie a modern DX camera?  I've been using the d300 and d700 as a pair, since the d700 was introduced, precisely because they have complementing strengths and weaknesses.

Cuz I really want 24mm to = 24mm...

Sorry, but I don't understand this.  I used 35mm and MF cameras from about 1970 to 1985. There's nothing magic about any specific focal length that I was able to discern. I used the lens that gave me the framing that I wanted, on the camera that I was using.  I certainly didn't use the same focal length lenses on MF that I used on a 35mm SLR.  It's no different today, AFAICT. If you use both FX and MF digital 24mm doesn't = 24mm there either.

The bottom line is that you need to decide what is more important to you, focus points that are useful or not having a lens difference factor.

good luck

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow