Photoshop upgrade no longer possible

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,382Gear list
Like?
Re: Adobe's greed
In reply to Colin Franks, Mar 29, 2013

Colin Franks wrote:

I bought the Adobe "Design Standard CS5" a year or two ago (which includes PS, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro), and when I recently went to upgrade just my PS, they wouldn't permit it, I had to upgrade the whole Design Std. suite (ka-ching ka-ching).

-- hide signature --

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Looks like they only have an "upgrade" path and not a "downgrade" path. I suspect that from their perspective it is like giving you $600 PSCS license (for $200) in addition to the "Design Standard" license you already own.   It is not greed, you would then have two licenses and they want you to pay full price for the second one since it is not really an upgrade.  Apparently they have no provision in their system to kill the other one to prevent you from upgrading the other one at some point in the future and “ripping them off” (so-to-speak).  I am not surprised although I can see how it SUX from your perspective.

Do you live near a university?  Do you know a student?  I think the student price is $199, which gives you a license that you can upgrade for ever (that is how I got mine -- I took a Photoshop class at UCSD).

-- hide signature --
 David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GimpNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow