Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pebbleheed
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Re: Erm....not strictly true Ted...
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 29, 2013

Wow. My post generated a huge 7 pages of replies in 24 hours

I had a bit of a think. I was tempted, very tempted, by the Pentak K30 in white. However, I think for the time being I'm going to stick with my GX1.

I still quite like it, I have quite a few lenses for it already and I'm still learning photography. I'm sure with more experience I'll be able to decide if it's the right format for me or not.

I know someone with a K30 who has a lot more experience than me (which will be one huge reason) and their shots look fantastic with the K30. I know experience will play a huge part in that, but I'm struggling to even get close to any similar type of photo quality that they produce.

There does appear to be a price premium on anything Micro Four Thirds and less choice, but I guess that's just the way it is. I didn't want to get stuck with a modern day betamax when everyone else was enjoying the pros of VHS.

Anyway, I'll give it a little longer and see how I get on.

Pebbleheed's gear list:Pebbleheed's gear list
Nikon D7100 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Dfine +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow