Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,449
There is
In reply to jonikon, Mar 29, 2013

jonikon wrote:

OK, the D7100 and it's 24MP sensor is a done deal, and there is no improvement in dynamic range or high ISO image quality, which I found disappointing after all the pre-release hype. There are  just more megapixels to make birders and pixel peepers happy, but what about the rest of us?

But there is...what you could once do with 16 you can now do with 24. You may be disappointing but it is what I expected all along looking at how the tech was progressing.

Grainy noise and dynamic range are image characteristics that are readily seen at most viewing sizes, but more megapixels are not, ...

If that were true...then why would anybody upgrade from 12mp?

The D7000 image quality was a step forward and encouraging, so let's see more DR and less grainy noise for the D7200 than the D7100 has please!

The D7100 seems an upgrade from the D7K in most every way when you look at the pics in terms of equivalency. Not as huge a step as the D90 to D7K but that's expected given how pixel density and QE works. I'm surprised you take issue with that. I think we have another winner in a long line of winners.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
easyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow