Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: SSD performance
In reply to Leon Obers, Mar 29, 2013

Leon Obers wrote:

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

In fact the most part i care about is the boot and shutdown, the programs open so quick with my SSD, but it takes about 20-25 seconds from pressing the power button to log in Windows 7, even shutdown taking maybe about 4-5 second, my MBP shutdown instantly and i saw on YT videos some lappies shutting down quicker than 3seconds.

I guess, several extra tools are used. Intel do have an extended toolset in combination to BIOS settings, that you get very fast boot-up and shut down. It is not by the performance of an SSD, but by those Intel tools, that the system do respond so quickly. Combination of cache, plus hibernate mode.

-- hide signature --

Leon Obers

And does that Intel tools one compatible on many laptops? I mean where i can get that Intel tools so i can tweak.adjust my BIOS for faster responses?

I want to try all ways possible to see if i can reach to a solution or not, maybe for some people they don't care much if their machines boot in about 20-30seconds and shutdown in about 5-8 seconds, but for me i want to go faster than that, if it is possible to go faster than that then i will pay to get that, for me 20 seconds is better than 26 seconds, also 10 seconds is better than 15seconds, the faster i can go the better i feel and want, i bought those SSD to have full speed not to be closer to hybrid drives, it will be wasting money then, so i will try that Intel Tools and hope i can find some answers there.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow