Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,159Gear list
Like?
Timing and patience
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, Mar 29, 2013

Just a matter of waiting for the sales and knowing where to look.

14mm goes for between $150 and $180 new (removed from kit) You'll pay more if you want the box though

Olympus recently had the latest 40-150mm R on sale for $99  They've also been offering $150 rebate per lens (if bought w OM-D)

Different lenses regularly go on sale, and sometimes a kit is so heavily discounted you can sell the body and the lens is nearly free. (or vise versa)

Of course this generally precludes walking into a camera store and picking up a lens on a whim if you want the best price.

And if the cash is really tight, it might pay to spend some time on the auction sites and buy/sell forums

(picked up an open box m.9-18mm for $400 when used copies were still going for near list, but it took a couple months of trolling eBay)

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow