Finally...Tamron beats Nikon

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,926Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally...Tamron beats Nikon
In reply to pixelless, Mar 29, 2013

pixelless wrote:

Just to say that I grew up around boats and I´ve been working around boats for the last 15 years or so. The OP could have showed me any ONE of those shots and I would know what they are and what the man is doing. On the color one you can even see the reflection of the hull and keel of another boat.

I like those shots and the sharpness and rendering of the Tammy. Even though  I don´t own neither the Tamron nor the Nikkor 70-300, my take from the hundreds of threads is that they each have their own strenghs and they are both pretty good for consumer zooms.

Yup, I really don't think anyone with a knowledge of boats or someone viewing the photo on a surveyor website will be guessing he's looking at ice-sculpture.

I've got shots of a piano tuner somewhere that, out of context, might be hard to identify unless you know what a piano-tuning lever looks like.

Overall I don't see an optical deficiency in the Tamron as I do with the Nikon. Perhaps the Nikon's advantage could be in AF speed, though I'd have to a hold of another 70-300vr to test.

Here's a sample (crop) at 70mm again with D800...

This picture DOES tell a story. It says: I'm not really working at this moment and POSING for the shot!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow