Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to Hen3ry, Mar 29, 2013

Hen3ry wrote:
I also read Ming's piece with some astonishment. The emotion is obtrusive throughout, the language is extreme. Irrational is a very moderate judgement of it.

I must admit I find this to be a very awkward statement. You see, emotional responses are by definition not rational, but that does not mean their basis is not rational. For instance, he could have tested the camera, seen that it behaved poorly in many respects, and then vented an emotional expression of his experience. This does in no way deny the validity or rationality of his experience. In fact, emotional response to equipment that is supposed to be an extension of one's creativity is much more important than quoting the spec sheet; this is the very reason why people read reviews by pro photographers instead of just pixel-peeping spec sheets and comparometer results on dpreview.

So when a reviewer's emotional experience fails to meet our own emotional expectations, it is quite pathetic to attempt to deny the reviewer's rationality in order to protect one's own emotions from pain (caused by attachments and projections).

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow