Senior MemberPosts: 1,660Gear list
Like?
Re: What is your point?
In reply to tazmac, Mar 29, 2013

DS21 wrote:

xeriwthe wrote:

BingoCharlie wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Have you actually looked at the sample images in full size from their review? It does not inspire confidence in their competence if they arrived to the conclusion after shooting these kind of dreadful images.

http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/523a/fujifilm-x20-review-high-end-compact-camera-19.jpg?20130315-134256

Hahahaha, wow.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but regardless of how good the X20 is (seems like the jury is still out to me), that is an ATROCIOUS photograph.

He's right: a professional reviewer should be ashamed to have posted it.

You do realize this a 100% crop at the edge of an ISO400 JPG taken at f/9.0?  This should very well look terrible as it would on every compact camera in existence.  DS21 is being disingenuous posting this without context

It would not on F100 and F200, for example. And many others from Fuji's not so distant past. You have an interesting definition of edge, one third of a frame is now edge? It looks terrible, no matter how much you try to sugarcoat it. And it is consistently smeared from edge (real edge) to  the third of the frame (some would call it middle of frame). No amount of diffraction would cause this at only F 9.0 with 2/3 sensor, and ISO 400 this bad for a premium modern $600 point and shoot? And the funny thing is they posted this, and glowing review, hilarious.

Are you want to convince the crowd not to buy the X20? Or are you working for Sony?

Yeah, Sony is my favorite, that's why I have 9 Fuji cameras and 0 Sony.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow