Started Mar 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Wallybipster
Contributing MemberPosts: 815Gear list
Like?
Re: a few 12-50 expedition examples
In reply to Thin_Ice, Mar 29, 2013

Thin_Ice wrote:

Wallybipster wrote:

Here's a few examples of what the 12-50 can do with the OM-D on a good summit trip.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50938926

Hi Wally,

I have seen your post  before and it helped me decide for the OMD.  You proved that the thing works in the right temperature range!

Wheather sealing has no priority for me.  When the wheater turns bad, the camera goes in a plastic bag in my backpack.  I need my full concentration on getting my guests in a safe place.

Size and weight of the 12-50 and 12-35 are really no option for me while mountaineering.

Keep climbing on those beautifull alaskan mountains!

Steven

Oh yeah, I remember you now, silly me.

I also have the Panny 20mm.  I don't use this lens as much, but it's not because it isn't an amazing lens.  It performs very well, even in very low light with all the complaints of banding.  If you don't have an affinity to weather sealing, that is a very useful all-purpose focal length, and tiny lens.

With your parameters, I'd strongly consider either the Panny 20mm or the Oly 12mm.

Whatever lens you choose, you'll get plenty of great shots with the OM-D.  It definitely puts my E-620 to shame on just about every level.

Regards,

Wally

Wallybipster's gear list:Wallybipster's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow