Photographers speak in tongues

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chuck Lantz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,184Gear list
Like?
Re: nt)lense is a legit spelling, look it up!
In reply to Hugowolf, Mar 29, 2013

Hugowolf wrote:

Mike_PEAT wrote:

nt=No text

And there is another one: legit.

There is nothing legal or illegal about it. Dictionaries, for the most part, catalogue use. It is in there because it has unfortunately fallen into use. It is as seriously ridiculous as Ye Olde Sweete Shoppe.

Brian A

"Lense" is just a variant spelling of "lens."  No pretense involved. There's plenty of ammunition for debate for either version.

It could be argued that the cumlative time saved if we all settled on dropping the "e" at the end of "lense" could be better used, leading perhaps to landing humans on Mars, or curing all disease, achieving whirled peas, and so on.

Who knows what it might lead to. The beginning of an entirely new era could be marked in future retellings of our history by the simple act of all humanity dropping that pesky "e."

Onward and upward!

-- hide signature --

"I'm hooked on The Look"
"If they're not screaming at you to get out of the way, you're not close enough" - I thought this was original, but it's very close to what someone else said. Oh, well.
"Not to compete whole-heartedly, with a will to win, degrades the sport and insults the competition" - anonymous Olympic long-distance runner
"Mongo not know ... Mongo just pawn in game of life." - Mongo
"Speed kills" - No, it doesn't. Speed has never killed anyone. It's the sudden stop that does it. - Me
http://www.ChuckLantz.com

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow