Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,924
Like?
Re: Factors in lens cost..
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 29, 2013

tgutgu wrote:

Unless you want to invest heavily in FF, with the current state of m4/3, there is no need for a second system. Maintaining two systems is the most costly solution anyway. People should rather sell their older equipment if they want to switch to or quit m4/3. Very often with many users only one system is used mostly while the other catches dust. And I bet the dust catching system is the larger and heavier one in most cases.

Reading the original post though I did not get the impression that the OP wanted to switch to FF, rather to an entry level ASPC DSLR for the greater/cheaper lens selection.

My point about two systems was that you really don't need to "maintain" them to the same extent anymore. The advances were seeing in digital are IMHO slowing with time and the performance today is already likely good enough for most people, hence less need to two new cameras across multiple systems.

The reality is that most of the time your going to take a bath when selling a camera body, prices just don't hold up, if he enjoys his GX1 in certain situations then maybe keep it for those situations and only have lenses that suit them like the 14mm pancake.

Without knowing exactly what lenses the OP is interested in its hard to judge whether a switch would be a wise move though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow