Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Horshack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,139
Like?
Re: Cool...non issue then.....
In reply to RomanJohnston, Mar 29, 2013

RomanJohnston wrote:

Fred Mueller wrote:

If you do a lot of property photography like I do you might not dismiss heavy shadow lifting as a sign of "failure" in exposure choices.  And then by extension you quickly realize that it is current technology that is "failing" - not just in my narrow pursuit - but broadly.  Our cameras just can't translate a lot of what we see.

agreed...but you are one in a million (literally) for the majority of shooters, this aspect does not even come into play except in their minds.

agreed...but you are one in a million (literally) for the majority of shooters, this aspect does not even come into play except in their minds.

I can see your work, concert work, and a few others that really need the shadow recovery to be spotless on a normal basis.

Roman

And what are the odds that a one in a million or even one in a thousand photographer who's shooting situation you deem worthy to need shadow lifting would happen to stumble onto this particular thread onto this particular site?

Photography is a rather varied and creative endeavor. There are millions if not billions of permutations for what, how, and when a photograph should be taken, a permutation equal to the aggregate creativity of mankind. In other words, limitless. Having one person decree the bounds of that creativity is a tough sell Roman.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow