Senior MemberPosts: 1,625Gear list
Like?
Re: Can the X20 be saved? :-)
In reply to Joel Stern, Mar 29, 2013

Joel Stern wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

tomhongkong wrote:

DS21 seems to be on a mission to prove the X20 is a bad camera.  It's a pity that the review he posts a shot from says in its conclusion:

"The Fujifilm X20 is not only the camera that irons out its predecessor's orb-related imaging issues, it's also the camera that pushes image quality up a notch to class-leading levels."

and

".... The one thing that the X20 has missed out on - in order to make the very most from its 28-112mm f/2.0-2.8 equivalent lens - is a built-in neutral density filter. Sounds small, but we're surprised at its omission.

That small blip aside and this is high-end compact camera perfection. We've got a lot of love for the X20, and it's given us a lot of love back. The high-end compact camera hierarchy has a new champion: all hail the Fujifilm X20."

and they give it 5 stars

It doesn't sound as though they agree does it?

tom

He is on a mission, well said, whether the X20 will prove to be as good as we want it to be, or as good as some say I will not know till I have on in my hands, but does DS21 have one in his hands?

Some people are naturally slow learners, so they have to see for themselves.

So what is it you shoot with, I see you post exclusively in this thread, wonder what you enjoy using for equipment, that might help many of us decide what to use.... If it is that good I may have no choice but to follow you.

I recommend Pentax MX-1 in this class, pixel level quality is in another league from X20. Of Fuji cameras, I still shoot F100, F200 and S100fs, and I like them a lot. F200 and F100 are still very good, I don't absolutely need MX-1, but that would be my choice. For best image quality, I use Pentax K-01 with various lenses.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow