forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,260
Like?
Re: I would not
In reply to marike6, Mar 29, 2013

marike6 wrote:

KenBalbari wrote:

marike6 wrote:

The 19 2.8 even comes with a lens hood, unlike some other m43 lensmakers who I can think of.

The only place it seems they "skimped" was in making it f2.8 rather than f2.0 or faster.

They are f2.8 because they are APS-C lenses originally, for Sigma's DP1 and DP2 compact line. Had they been f2 lenses, they would have been larger and more expensive, so it wasn't that Sigma was "skimping" as I think the original DP camera had an f4 lens.  Sigma made the DP lens brighter which is why these two lenses are f2.8, not f4.

The lenses were designed for bigger image circle and they do perform much better on APS-C both in terms or resolution and light gathering (f/4.2 FF equivalent on APS-C, and f/5.6 FF equivalent on m4/3). So they offer very good value on Sony cameras, but they are still competitive on m4/3 due to their low price.

"It’s interesting that the new Sigma lenses stand out as superb compared to other NEX lenses, but are just another good prime lens on the m/4/3 system." - http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/05/standard-range-micro-43-imatest-results

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow