Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,225Gear list
Like?
Re: Reading resolution charts comparing MFT lenses to FX lenses
In reply to Anders W, Mar 29, 2013

Anders W wrote:

Prairie Pal wrote:

I'm at photozone review website browsing through lenses for both FX and MFT.  I see that the highest resolving FX lenses can be near the 4000 lw/ph range.  The better MFT lenses rarely even get to 2300.  Is the difference between the 2 types of lenses relative?

Not sure what you mean by relative but I certainly wouldn't call the difference real.

I think I was asking whether a "conversion formula" could be applied for comparing the relative ranking of a specific MFT lens within its peers to the ranking of a specific FX (or DX for that matter) lens within its peers.  Furthermore, I would like to understand if the performance of a number FX/DX legacy glass on thier respective sensors maintain their ranking when adapted to MFT, AND whether they outperform the current MFT lens offerings.

The discussions so far in this thread are starting to clear my understanding a bit.  A bit.

I'm currently very impressed with two unlikely Nikon lenses on my EM-5; Nikon DX 35/f1.8 & an old E 135/f2.8

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow