Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 3,563
Like?
Re: Photographers speak in tongues
In reply to Hugowolf, Mar 29, 2013

Hugowolf wrote:

meland wrote:

Rapid evolution since the advent of digital has resulted in photographers that can no longer speak proper...

Photographers are no worse than anyone else and it isn't just since the recent popularity of digital cameras, although the use of International Standards Organization to describe senor sensitivity is a little funny. Like all the ISO does is camera sensor related? But it derives from a similar use of ASA in film days.

There is shutter speed. Focal plane shutter curtains do travel at a speed, but I am pretty sure duration would be a better term for what is meant. Fast lens is another good one, just hard to catch those little b's, they move so quickly. Prime is another; originally the go to standard 50 mm lens, now strangely used for all fixed focal length lenses – and hence making it possible to have more than one prime.

Please pass me the sick bucket.

I have found single malt Scotch to be a better cure.

Excellent advice.

It doesn't make these ridiculous terms any better, but you don't care about them any more. It does, however, wear off, so there is a need to repeat the treatment.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow