Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 19,035Gear list
Like?
Re: Reading resolution charts comparing MFT lenses to FX lenses
In reply to Dr_Jon, Mar 29, 2013

Dr_Jon wrote:

As I said previously:

(1) I think the Photozone results are comparable provided you want to compare the system performance and it includes a camera that is generally equivalent to the one he's testing with. My at-home results certainly agree with that. Note he does say more about it in his FAQ, which I guess I'm the only one that read?

It follows from what is said in the FAQ that they are not comparable because the methods are not held constant across systems.

(2) I don't think the Lens Rentals results are any use in this context as I believe they are usually just comparing the lenses and not the whole system (it would be silly otherwise, as everything on a D800 would be artifically inflated for non-D800 users). Exceptions are when he is doing a system comparison (e.g. the 24-70 lenses on D800 vs 5DmkIII).

LensRentals certainly compare the entire systems (lens + sensor), the difference being that they use the same method irrespective of the system.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow