Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,400Gear list
Like?
Re: SLT-A99V Color Contamination
In reply to samael9, Mar 29, 2013

samael9 wrote:

Nordstjernen wrote:

Very high ISO? Underexposed images? What light source? Under some circumstances the A99 shadows can be reddish, but this is easily corrected at post processing. I highly recommend shooting raw under such extreme conditions to keep as much sensor data as possible for post processing.

I rather prefer the Sony color cast and clean and detailled shadows over Canon banding and water color look - not bashing any brand, just saying that all cameras have their limitations when exposure is pushed.

Thank you! Nope, ISO100, f6.3@1/50. Yeah, a little underexposed... Always shooting in RAW. Absolutely love this rig otherwise!
Just for giggles, I took these into Ps CS6 extended, made selections of the contaminations and had poor results.
Something is wrong ;-( with my new baby... Waa... I want it fixed. Now! Or sooner...

-- hide signature --

Clint

are you using the latest ACR in PS CS6?  I think 7.3 is the latest with 7.4 being in beta.

Are you shooting just RAW or RAW+JPEG? Is DRO enabled?

And you probably have already done this, but have you performed a full reset, setting the camera back to defaults?

If you haven't shot JPEG+RAW or just JPEG, give them a shot and see how the JPEGs come out compared to the RAW.  I am just trying a process of elimination here.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow