Portable Device for a Photographer to Show His Work

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
kelpdiver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899
Like?
Re: Portable Device for a Photographer to Show His Work
In reply to Leon Obers, Mar 29, 2013

Leon Obers wrote:

I should say, get an Apple iPad with Retina screen, as this is the best quality screen to show images + video. Only for easy exchange of files to the tablet without the bunch of iTunes installed, best to jailbreak the OS.

The Nexus 10 may have displayed the iPad (gen 3 on) with even higher resolution.  Both are excellent in this regard.

To the OP, the Ipad does allow you to read off the SD card with the camera kit, which is either a 20 or 30$ expense.  The other feature of the ipad that could be useful is the ability to display the image to an appletv device (airplay).   I believe Android is working out their own form of this as well.

I have the older Asus Transformer Prime that is still at the 1280x720 resolution, but they went on to release a 1920x1080 model and this one does have an sd reader and a usb port built into the detachable keyboard, along with a micro sdhc port on the tablet itself.   You can transfer the images over and then display in the lightweight form.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow