DPP, Lightroom and Photo Ninja, samples

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Y Hafting
Contributing MemberPosts: 787
Like?
DPP-DLO-sample
In reply to aftab, Mar 29, 2013

Below is four samples of the difference between using DPP with or without Digital Lens Optimizer (DLO)

The DLO does make the images visibly sharper. However i am afraid this image is not a good benchmark for how good this tool may be. It is visible, but only a little, and it does lower the need for sharpening somewhat- the hard part is telling whether it really is better or more desirable than a sharpened-to-taste version without DLO.

DLO adds significant processing time when converting a batch of images. I also believe there are images that would make a greater difference than this moon which is reasonably centered.

This is one shot i had recently using liveview to capture the moon at 280mm (70-200 & 1.4). All images are 100% crops, saved at maximum jpeg setting, no NR, all same processing apart from DLO and sharpening.

DPP, non-sharpened, non-DLO:

DPP, sharpened (USM 2, fineness 0), non-DLO:

DPP, sharpened (USM 2, fineness 0), DLO:

If anyone would like to try other raw converters with this image, i have made the raw file available here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0_NKtfgorUuU043eGZBRWdWbU0/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to post comments.

-Yngve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow