SLT-A99V Color Contamination

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,813Gear list
Like?
Re: SLT-A99V Color Contamination
In reply to samael9, Mar 29, 2013

Can you give a bit more info on what you are doing with the image?

Did you shoot RAW or JPEG?

Was any post processing done to the image?  If so, with what software and what did you do?

From what I am seeing it looks like you are getting posterization occurring in the shadows.  I am seeing it on the wall, in her hair, on her face, and all over her jacket.  I see this occur more when their is an attempt to extract more out of the image than what is there, poor image compression techniques, or through different kinds of post processing or filters being used.  There are a couple of other possibilities, but most that I have seen were due to post processing or the RAW converter being used.

Do you have a shot of the original, untouched, image that came directly from the camera?

P.S.

Also, do you have any EXIF information from those shots that you can provide (ISO, shutter speed, etc.)?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow