Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 27,530Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 29, 2013

tgutgu wrote:

Scott Spain wrote:

There is no perfect camera for everyone or we'd only have one forum! Get what you like and don't worry about what other people think.

My advice: Borrow or rent the gear you're thinking of purchasing. Use it as long as you can. Make sure it's what you want. Switching is one thing. Switching back and forth gets insanely expensive!

To address your question of whether or not we feel cheated by lens prices, I do not... At all... In fact, I feel rewarded if anything. 24-70 and 70-200 (both of the f/2.8 variety) are my main Canon lenses. The Panasonic counterparts are about half the price. And in the case of the longer of the two, half the size and 1/4 of the weight. I use mine for travel, so that's a concern for me.

-- hide signature --

Scott

This often quoted comparison tells everything one reasonably thinking person needs. Add to the size and weight advantages of the E-M5 its inconspicuous appearance, you have the clear winner. Street and travel photography have new (smaller) dimensions with a set like E-M5 plus 7-14mm, 12-35mm, and 35-100mm.

There are not winners here - rather, there are no losers.    These are, simply, options.   You might have a preference. . .

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow