Like?
Re: RX-1 timer and auto-focus
In reply to Docno, Mar 29, 2013

Docno wrote:

Robgo2 wrote:

Docno wrote:

Robgo2 wrote:

zgeist wrote:

I've noticed that when you set the camera to take a timer shot, the auto-focus focuses immediately after you push the shutter and becomes fixed.  Is there any way to get it to autofocus just before the shutter opens, or to autofocus continuously up until the shutter opens?

The AF will activate whenever you press the shutter release, either partially of fully.  Under all circumstances, once you press the shutter release fully, focus is fixed.  I have not played with the timer, but I think it might be best to switch to manual focus under certain circumstances.  So,with the drive mode in 2 second delay, obtain proper focus either in MF or in AF (by pressing the shutter release half way and then switching to MF), press the shutter release fully to start the 2 second delay, and wait.  The AF will be disengaged.  On my RX1, I have set the C button for AF-MF toggle to facilitate switching between the two modes.  If one of the focusing rectangles overlies what you want to be in focus, then you can use AF by itself.  Press half way to lock focus and all the way to start the timer.

Rob

It's really too bad that Sony didn't include a remote trigger option in the drive menu like a lot of their other cameras ... they already have a remote 'commander' that works with several of their models. Too bad the RX1 didn't follow the same path. That would be very useful in situations like this.

On the other hand, the cable release gives us a threaded shutter button that we can use with a soft release.

Rob

Haven't used a cable since the 80s. but I don't remember them being that long. At least, not long enough to take a photo of yourself

Yes, using cable release for self portraits certainly will create human bokeh-nose.

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow