SSD performance

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,323
Like?
Re: SSD performance
In reply to Tareq Abdulla, Mar 29, 2013

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

I replaced old HDD of that laptop with Seagate Momentus XT 750GB [hybrid SSD drive], and the speed was good and fast, i just replaced that drive again yesterday with the new SSD i bought and did a clean fresh install of Windows 7, but when i boot and shutdown i see that there is no improvement of that SSD over that Seagate hybrid one, maybe 1-2 seconds only nothing much, also the boot time is not super fast, i saw some youtube videos for some old computers [laptops or desktops] with SSD and they loading faster, sometimes i can't see that windows logo too, but even if i see it, mine take about 4-5 seconds after that logo complete to log in windows, what's wrong? How can i manage a faster boot of SSD over regular and/or/hybrid drives?

I recently encountered a problem with a startup delay. This arose after the Win7 spinning logo and before the appearance of the login screen.

At that point, Windows tries to find and mount any USB drives that might be connected (among other things). And this was the cause of my problems. So, you might try disconnecting any USB devices including thumb drives and see if that helps.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow