Suitable D600 Alternative When Size/Weight Are An Issue

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfk
jfk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,937
Like?
Re: Suitable D600 Alternative When Size/Weight Are An Issue
In reply to Brad Davis, Mar 29, 2013

I would take your d600 along with a compact.  You will more than likely wish you had it, and kick yourself if you left it behind on such a trip.

A couple of suggestions have been brought up such as the new 18-35G.  Very sharp, small, and light.  Maybe add a 50/85 prime would make a very light kit.

When I'm out on the trail, I use a toploader bag that I attach to the chest straps of my backpack.  I made two short adjustable straps that attach to loops on the chest straps.  The ends use the same quick connectors that the toploader strap comes with to attach it.  This way I can carry my dslr in the toploader bag at chest level with no weight on my neck.  Easy access to your dslr, and offers protection from the elements and knocks. Plus allows quick removal of the toploader bag when needed.

Another suggestion was the RX100.  A very nice compact option.  It produces amazing detail, good results upto 3200iso, 200mm using smart zoom, and features such as panoramic mode and very good video.

Enjoy your trip.

jfk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow