Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,193
Like?
Re: Long Panos on Epson 3880
In reply to JJ Winkel, Mar 29, 2013

JJ Winkel wrote:

mike clemens wrote:

My only hitch on printing this one was Photoshop CS3 refused to even offer "Print" option because the original was about 50,000 pixels wide. I had to drop the res to 30,000 wide.

As Printfab generates a new virtual printer, I wonder if using Qimage with this vprinter would remove this restriction ?

Perhaps, I don't know what limits QImage has, but Photoshop CS6 has limits of 300,000 pixels in both dimensions (90 gigapixels), the same with Lightroom 4, which would be a less expensive option than upgrading Photoshop to CS6. At the 3880 native RGB resolution of 360 ppi, that would give you a little less than 70 feet, which should be adequate for most applications.

At that sort of size, there may well be other parts of the pipeline that blow. I know Keith Cooper's 14 metre Leicester pano had to be reduced to I think 108 ppi to get it to print:
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/14m_pano_print.html

Photoshop Elements might be another less expensive option, but I have no idea what its pixel limitations are.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow