Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,923Gear list
Like?
Re: Your use of "biased" is perfecty correct, Aleo...
In reply to danijel973, Mar 29, 2013

danijel973 wrote:

Well, it is highly questionable if you can call a negative reaction to things that simply don't sit well with you "bias" simply because the negative reaction concerns your favorite camera. I have negative reactions to things that rub me the wrong way all the time, often about the things I own and use, not only to other people's stuff. It hardly makes me biased, or, if it does, the term should be freed from its negative conotations.

I am almost always accused of either bias or worse things when I criticise something someone is emotionally attached to. What I fail to understand is how that person, being emotionally attached to a thing, isn't biased, and I, who have no emotional stake in it other than simply not liking the thing, am.

So my experience is that biased people are the first to accuse others of bias when their emotional connections to stuff are irritated.

But that's how a large number of posters in this thread are defining 'bias' - bias means not liking something they like a lot.  Saying "he's biased" makes them feel better than saying "I disagree."

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow