SSD performance

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tareq Abdulla Regular Member • Posts: 259
SSD performance

Hi,

I just bought[online] another SSD but this time for my PC laptop, and i have something weird, which is the following:

I replaced old HDD of that laptop with Seagate Momentus XT 750GB [hybrid SSD drive], and the speed was good and fast, i just replaced that drive again yesterday with the new SSD i bought and did a clean fresh install of Windows 7, but when i boot and shutdown i see that there is no improvement of that SSD over that Seagate hybrid one, maybe 1-2 seconds only nothing much, also the boot time is not super fast, i saw some youtube videos for some old computers [laptops or desktops] with SSD and they loading faster, sometimes i can't see that windows logo too, but even if i see it, mine take about 4-5 seconds after that logo complete to log in windows, what's wrong? How can i manage a faster boot of SSD over regular and/or/hybrid drives?

My PC laptop has following simple specifications:

i7-2630QM

RAM 16GB 1333GHz

Inter HD Graphics 3000

It says it supports SATA III [6Gbps]

So what is the problem of SSD speed/performance in boot/shutdown?

Is there any PC laptop i can get so i can put that SSD inside for faster boot/shutdown? I have the RAM of this laptop, so i can upgrade the RAM and the SSD, but other things i will keep the same.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow