Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 19,897Gear list
Like?
Re: Just done it myself...
In reply to sgoldswo, Mar 29, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

Tony, are you ditching all your M43s kit or have you sacrificed your Sigma Dp1/2 (sorry can't remember which) too?

Hi Simon, I've kept back my 45mm F1.8 and the 40-150mm but I haven't got a body at the moment (My OMD will be gone in a few days). I still have my little DP2X which I can't bring myself to sell yet, the IQ is too nice in the right conditions, it's my cloud camera

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Ha! People do seem to find those Sigmas difficult to give up. I can only assume it's a little like my M9 - you don't use it for a bit and then you get some nice light and it blows you away!

Thats the one, the only camera I've ever owned where I look at the files at 100% and get that wow factor, even if they are fairly small files.

Well there are plenty of good cheap M43s bodies floating (new and used) about if you want to pick one up. My (now IR converted) GX1 was all of £200 after cashback...

In any event, have fun with your 5D II!

Cheers, I'm sure I will pick another m4/3's body up at some time which is why I kept two lenses back. The 5DII is a bit of a beast, metering is a bit flaky but I'm enjoying it so far

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow